This isn’t a typical core workshop—you won’t work out to exhaust your center. You will still learn practices that strengthen your core, but more than that, you will develop awareness of your physical center.
Awareness is key to developing core stability, the perfect balance between strength and mobility.
A major muscle impacting this process is the psoas muscle. Among the most common problems caused by dysfunction of the psoas muscle is lower back and hip pain, though many other areas of the body can also experience pain.
Join Padmasri to learn how a stable core and functional psoas muscle can enhance joint integrity, muscular tone, breathing, and healthy organ functioning.
In this workshop, you will:
- Understand the role of the psoas muscle in core awareness and core stability
- Learn to release and soften your psoas muscles
- Learn Yoga asanas for improved core stability
- Discover the connections between the core and breathing
- Explore sitting habits and seated asanas for improved meditation experiences
Learning to develop core awareness and improve core stability can be nourishing, freeing, and will directly affect the quality of your life.
One of the most important core muscles is the iliopsoas. Because of prolonged sitting and other habits, this muscle ends up restricted. A healthy psoas is the first step toward a steady and comfortable Yoga practice. In this workshop, you will explore the psoas, working with core awareness through the practice of Yoga asanas. By working with your center, you can develop the ability to consciously respond to life situations rather than react to them. You can refine your capacity to be alert, responsive, and open-hearted.
None. This workshop is suitable for Yoga therapists, teachers, and devoted practitioners.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 13 contact hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 13 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
[This was an] excellent course with full, in detail explanations, illustrations, and take-home worksheets. We were also able to practice many positions to incorporate what we were learning. — Theresa Gilman
The program was beautifully presented with a wealth of knowledge, wisdom, and sincerity that can only come from a deep personal practice. […] I highly recommend this program. — Hridayan Stern
Leticia is extremely knowledgeable and her presentation was very clear. She really took the time to make sure we understood each point as she progressed through the program. — Elizabeth Fox
If you are an athlete that has found yourself an injury, plateau, or [you] just want to be a better athlete, this is a great course for that and much more. [There are] a lot of mechanics learned in this course that will be of value for sport fitness and life. — Shawn Retzer